I am also happy. I made new friends who give me courage; around me I have motivated people of all ages who motivate me no end, and the world is still a lovely place with its offer of love (platonic or otherwise!), trust and bonding. On a narcissistic note, I've been published in quite a few North American and Indian journals -- more poetry, a bit of fiction. This gives hope that I can get what I want. So, it might interest my blog readers to recap that:
- SHEHER anthology (Frog Books, India) is featuring my poetry, alongwith names like Meena Alexander and Imtiaz Dharker.
- I have a short fiction forthcoming in Mirage Books anthology (India).
- Poems forthcoming in The Liberated Muse anthology (Washington DC).
- Poems in The Toronto Quarterly in spring 09.
- Quay Journal of Arts and Poetry (Texas) will also publish my poetry this spring.
- Poems in Lit Up Magazine: http://litupmagazine.wordpress.com/poetry/nabina-das/
- Poems in Kritya: http://www.kritya.in/0404/En/poetry_at_our_time.html
- Poems in Muse India: http://www.museindia.com/showfeature12.asp?id=1141
- Poems in The Cartier Street Review (The Ink Blot poetry forum): http://modernpoet.proboards98.com/index.cgi(also click "page 2" above for more)
- and a poetry commentary on Kritya: http://www.kritya.in/0408/En/name_of_poetry.html
I have to thank some special people for all the help and encouragement they have lent me, sometime even without their own knowing: Joy Leftow, DubbleX, Roxanne Hoffman, Bernard Alain, Debra Castillo, Ted Wheeler, Rati Saxena, Eileen Moeller, Abhinav Maurya, John Burroughs, Farahdeen Khan, Roger DuPuis II, Tikuli Dogra, Ritu Lalit, Meena Kandasamy, Tanuj Solanki, Rhett, TMTL, Arvind Joshi, Gulnaz Sheikh, Mukti Lakhi, Aniket Alam, Sunita Bhadauria, Andrew Christ, Katharyn Machan, Anu Pujar, Parsa Venkateshwara Rao Jr, Don Coorough, Sara Marie, Subir Ghosh, Mary Gilliland, Laurie Stone, Sunil Poolani, Priti Aisola, Visi Tilak, Poonam Tanmayo, and of course my family.
Coming back to the world around, my resolution this year is to listen more, understand better and celebrate creativity from all quarters. Also, blog more meaningfully, an old promise. If I've forgotten someone or something, please remind me, please.